Thursday, July 23, 2009

Random Thoughts: Declutter

I am trying to de-clutter my life. Really, I am. I am one of those people who thrives on organization, cute containers, a "place for everything and everything in its place" kind of girl.....however.....my husband is not this way and my little boy is, well, a little boy who thinks trains should be everywhere, all over the house...the proper place for a train is near wherever he is....at least in his mind.

I went and visited my lovely Aunt Nancy's house when we went to see "Wicked" (which, by the way, I still LOVE and sing the songs in my head constantly...they are addictive!). She has a beautiful home....I mean it is just beaut-i-mus! Everything is neatly organized and clean and WOW! It inspired me! I thought....I can live like this....and while I really can't live just like that with a three year old, I can live in a similar way. So, I have been going through my house and de-cluttering. It is very cleansing.....but it takes a long time....and I have lots of years of things to go through....but slowly we are making some progress! Tonight we are going through stuff in our garage! After work, my parents are coming over and we are cleaning out and reorganizing. My parents have been storing their stuff in our garage for 3+ years now because my mother's job provides a furnished apartment. So, we have used some of their furniture and then stored some of the stuff in about a third of our garage. They will be moving into their own home again soon so we are going to go through it and get everything in a spot that will be easy to load up. Meanwhile, I will have the chance to go through and get rid of (hopefully) a bunch of my stuff as well. I am hoping that once they move their stuff, My house has FAR LESS clutter and I can park 2 cars in my garage. Right now I can only park one plus their stuff. :)

The Fall is generally the busiest time of the year for my household, so if I can accomplish this, I see an easier fall for us!

I will try to take pictures!

Heather

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!