Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Whole Wheat

Honey Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread

I am trying to use more whole wheat in my cooking and am on a search for a really good whole wheat bread. I have made two very good recipes so far but am still looking for perfection. Any good recipes, please send my way! Here is one that is a Whole Wheat Honey Sandwich Bread that was nice and light. Since you let it rise 3 times, it is very light compared to many other whole wheat recipes I have tried. The recipe can be found here http://recipestop.blogspot.com/2008/03/honey-whole-wheat-sandwich-bread.html and another really good recipe for 100% whole wheat bread can be found here http://recipestop.blogspot.com/2008/05/100-whole-wheat-bread.html I liked them both, but I think I want something texture wise that is right in the middle of these two, a little heavier than the sandwich bread and a little lighter than the regular.

I made some yummy chocolate chip cookies last night with my friend Mel's recipe. They are so good! I knew it was an A+ recipe so I played with the flour a little and did half whole wheat pastry flour and half regular flour and they still turned out great! Thanks Mel! Mel also makes the best peanut butter bars in the world...among other things. There is nothing more beautiful than a good chocolate chip cookie recipe!

I need to pull out my sewing mahine sometime soon. My son needs a new nap mat cover for the new school year. Last year was frog themed, this year I might do a zoo theme or cowboy/wester theme. I need to get to a bigger town with a bigger fabric selection and find something sute! I will post it when I am done!

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!