Monday, February 2, 2009

Variations on the breadsticks

Happy Monday to all...I hope we all have a great week and that something beautiful happens to everyone!

(And CONGRATULATIONS to my friend Jenn who just had her baby Corynn yesterday! Another red head!)

I experimented with the bread sticks recipe I posted below...link here http://thebeautifulbasics.blogspot.com/2009/01/recipe-garlic-bread-sticks.html

and came up with some other variations and yumminess....here goes...

  • My friend Suzanne told me she made them and substituted half of the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour and they were still very yummy...so yeah for whole wheat!
  • Pigs in a blanket-I used the same recipe in the link but I rolled out the dough and cut little rectangles, about 1 inch by 2.5 inches and placed a little mound of shredded cheddar in the middle and then rolled up a little smokey in the dough. I took the cookie sheet and melted about 2 tablespoons of butter (instead of the whole stick) on the cookie sheet and then put all the little rolls on the cookie sheet and baked it for about 20-25 minutes. If you want them to brown, you will probably want o brush some melted butter on top of each. I did not sprinkle anything on top of them. They were the best pigs in a blanket I have ever had.
  • Pizza rolls- For this I used the same recipe in the link but I cut them into triangles and pressed into the triangles some mozzarella cheese and then tore up pieces of turkey peperoni and placed them on the cheese, I then took the corners and brought them together in a little pouch. I put them on a cookie sheet with 2 tablespoons of melted butter on it and then brushed with butter and sprinkled the top with mozzarella cheese. These were also great and could be served with ranch dressing and tomato sauce for dipping.

1 comment:

Stamp With Linz said...

Great ideas! And to think, they started out just breadsticks!

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!