Friday, May 15, 2009

Random Thoughts--Yay for Fridays

Fridays are fun....even when I know I have to work on Saturday, I am always glad to get to Friday.

This weekend we are going to visit some of my hubbie's family and I am excited to see them and get a change of scenery....and hopefully have some really yummy food!

Bootcamp Week 3 just ended and next week is the last week of my 4th bootcamp. I have to tell ya that I feel great. Honestly, I feel so good. I feel healthier and stronger and it really is empowering. I was the ultimate couch potato for years and boy do I think that was silly. I should have done this years ago.

Have any of you seen "Wicked"? It is coming to San Antonio and Austin this summer and I am trying to work it out so I can go....I want to see it SO BAD! I already love it and know all the songs and the storyline, but I want to see it live and in person!

I am so pleased with our garden. I now cook on a regular basis with the squash and peppers from the garden and I can't wait for the tomatoes to start coming....and when they do I better have a huge basket and a big kettle so I can start canning and making hot sauce and whatever else I can think of, because it looks like we will have quite the harvest! I also have some cantaloupe and watermelons that the plants are getting huge on and I think they may take over that section of the lawn.

I have been asked to do a new "job" at church and I am thrilled. I no longer teach the 11-12 year old girls, I am back with the women's group (aka Relief Society) as the Secretary to the President. I am so excited to be back among the women and to be helping in this capacity. I truly love the women we have at church....even the ones who tend to drive me crazy at times....so I know that is Heavenly Father blessing me with the ability to love them in spite of what they might do to my nerves. :) Although, I must say that really happens few and far between, they are a lovely group of ladies.

I haven't posted very many Enrichment or Ladies night ideas lately...sorry about that....the end of the semester this year has been totally crazy and busy but things are quieted some now that finals are over. I will strive to be better! I went to a fun Enrichment night the other day where we took personality tests and got in groups so we could see who was like us. It was really fun! I am trying to get some of the materials from the leader and will post that when I can.

I made a yummy lasagna last night that I will have to post. It was a basic lasagna with and extra layer of roasted squash, onions, and peppers and it was just fabulous. I have also been working on my whole wheat bread recipe for sandwich bread and I learned that after its all mixed, its best to knead it for about 7 minutes, I use my mixer, then let it rise twice.

I do not have any huge plans for this summer...except hopefully seeing "Wicked"....but it is already in the 80s here and we will be in the 90s soon. When I work out in the mornings, I turn into a sweat monster. Literally I have sweat dripping off my nose and down my face....that is what 100% humidity and 84 degrees will do to you....I am sure it will only get worse! But, I feel so good when I am done that it is so worth it. And, I believe I have now lost about 2 dress sizes....so that is awesomeness in a bucket!

So, I hope you all have a lovely weekend and relax a little and get some things done. I will try to get everything done tonight before we go visit tomorrow!

Be beautiful!

Heather

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!