Saturday, October 25, 2008

Children's Book


I have a love for Children's books. I have some that were read to me as a child and others that I have grown to love since I have had my son. We had an enrichment night once where we had a teacher do a class on children's books and what her favorites were. I thought this was such a great lesson because it opened up my world of books to a whole new group of books and it also taught me to broaden my horizons. She talked about books of different cultures and different kinds of stories and themes, different lands, and holidays I had not celebrated. It was really wonderful!

I would also suggest that if you do this kind of activity, that you have people write down their favorite Children's books and pass out the list to everyone so that they can go to their nearest library or book store and start broadening their reading horizons as well!

Here are a few of my faves....

The Story of Ferdinand (I think its also called Ferdinand the Bull) by Munro Leaf
Bertram the Bad
Where the Wild Things Are
Whose Mouse are You?
The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
Santa Mouse
The Velveteen Rabbit
Click Clack Moo. Cows that Type
The Lady with the Alligator Purse (not sure if that is the correct name)

So, tell me what your favorite children's books are....I will try to look up the authors of these books or scour through my bookshelves to find them.

You could even do a book club with a group of children's books just to mix it up a little!

Have fun and read! It does a mind good!

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!