Friday, January 16, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

So, what are yours? I am still working on mine, still resoluting I guess...I have a few that I know and then others that keep popping into my head and I think "that will be one of my resolutions" and then I forget them...I need to write those down when they pop in there like that!

Anyway...here are a few off the top of my head...I heartily admit that I am a work in progress and I hope that I am bettering (not sure that is a word, maybe I should make that a resolution...to use "real" words) myself year after year.

#1 Be healthy and exercise on a regular basis...now I know, this is probably many people's goal and I did much better at this last year than the years before...but I want to always do this, so it stays there until it becomes a complete part of me...we aren't quite there yet.

#2 Trust in God...this is kind of my mantra for the year. I admit that I like control, I thrive on control...and sometimes I need to sit back and let someone else take the controls, like our Heavenly Father. So, I am going to work on this!

(For those of you who are LDS, you might can relate to this but I have the feeling that I may be getting a new calling at church. For those non-LDS-ers, a calling is when the local leaders of the church ask you to take on a special project, like to teach the 5 years old Sunday school class or something like that. I don't know why I feel that way...and maybe its just wishful thinking that I could get something really simple and easy, but that really never happens...but I just keep getting the feeling that there are "winds of change" in the air...you know, its kind of like that feeling that you left the iron on...it just keeps coming back and bugging you in the back of your mind..taunting you...) Now, if any of the Primary Leaders are reading this, they are saying "NO! We don't want to loose a teacher" but who knows if my inkling is even correct. I will keep you posted...and I will keep wondering what could possibly be in store....and fretting a little too, just because its what I do!

#3 Keep my house and kitchen cleaner...I do a kind of decent job of this at times but there are plenty of days when I am worn out and just leave it for tomorrow. I am going to try to be more efficient in my cleaning and do it now as opposed to later.

#4 Do meal planning--my sisters and I have decided that we are going to get together and make a bunch of freezer meals to last us through the month. If we can do this for every month or so as we go, then it will be great for those nights when you just don't have the energy to cook and you just want to sit on the couch and put your feet up. I plan on sharing all our freezer meal recipes with you as well...so stay tuned!

#5. Get rid of junk...I want to de-clutter. Enough said.

#6. I want to do some fun things with me nieces, after all, I am the favorite aunt!

#7. I am going to learn to tat! Now that I have some wonderful resources, by golly I am going to do it! I may add lace to everything I own!

#8. Keep healthy food in the house...if you have junk, you will eat junk...so, if I have a craving for something sweet than I am going to have to make something from scratch because I don't want to have a whole lot of processed and fattening foods around...because if they are there, we will eat them!

#9 Read more...I am a pretty avid reader but I need to read an equal amount of fun stuff and good stuff, like the Bible and scriptures and stuff. Uplifting stuff.

I will write more as I remember them...and I hope you keep me honest and make me do them! I would also love to hear what yours are....PLEASE SHARE!

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

I am doing this:

trying to go to bed early

trying to wake up early to give myself some quiet reflection each morning

learn something new each day

recognize my blessings & express gratitude for them

bless the lives of others through my calling & do it in the right spirit- meaning not because I have to. :)

I'd also like to eat healthier and manage money better, that's one of those that's on the list every year!

Those Crazy Scotts said...

Must be a "Heather" thing because our goals are so alike! I can't wait to see what recipes you freeze.

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!