Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Heather's High Heels Camp-Day 2

Hello people,

Today I decided I would do a little bike riding on my stationary bike...mainly because by the time I got home, it was dark and I didn't want to go workout outside. So anyway, while switching the channels between The Biggest Loser (I am so ready for Vicky to go) and Dancing With the Stars (Yeah for Brooke), I pulled my recumbent bike from the guest room out into my living room and started to ride. Yes, it makes a great decor statement there in my living/dining area...so stylish! Anyway, I figure if it is there, then maybe my hubby might also get on it and ride every once in a while...which would be great! So anyway, I get on and set the program to P2 on my machine which is a preset program that goes from easy to medium to hard over and over again, probably 6 times. I set it for 35 minutes and I made it through without dying once...although there were times it would have been REALLY easy to just stop pedalling when it was at those killer levels, I just kept pushing through and breathed a sigh of relief (well actually just caught my breathe) when the machine made that little noise that means it is changing modes. You learn to love and hate that noise, I loved it when I was on the high level and dying to get back to that easy level, and then I HATED it when I was on the middle level and it was going to high. Its a love/hate relationship, me and that pesky noise.

So anyway, I did that for 35 minutes and then did about a 10 minute cool down of just easy riding. While cooling down, I grabbed my hand weights and did random arm exercises: laterals, curls, kickbacks, sky touches, etc for probably 8 minutes.

Next was to the floor...get your stopwatch and do 1 minute of push ups, 1 minute of sit ups, 1 minute plank, other random stretches and shake it all out...then another plank.

All in all, I feel good and I feel like I got in a decent workout! Its much better than just sitting on the couch watching Biggest Loser and thinking "wow, she is almost weighing less than I am now!?!" "Do I look like her?"

So, do it...go move your body and be healthier...you may be totally floored like me and find it utterly addicting.

As my trainer says when we all get to that powerful pain threshold where you just want to stop and lay down on the ground and try to breathe normally...he says "Keep Going, Push it, Its just mind over matter!" then he says "If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." So, take the pain, such it up and deal with it, it is making you healthier and possibly saving your life.

Be good, eat good...except for Thursday, just eat in moderation if possible, but try everything and enjoy life!

Heather

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

I love bike riding, especially on a real bike. Spinning classes are killer!

Anonymous said...

You're SO diligent! And, I SO need to get buns moving. I have no excuse! I need inspiration like this.

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!