Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random Thoughts--The Laundry Monster



While I generally hate to admit my shortcomings (and there are many but I am not going to list them, there is not enough space on blogger!), I am baring all today as I show you what I worked on yesterday....piles and piles of LAUNDRY! Life has been busy for the past month and I just could not get a hold of the monster that is our laundry. This picture is a good example of how it can take over your dining and living area. While this is A LOT, this is not all of it, there are more piles on the outskirts of this picture and still a little bit more waiting to be hung up or folded. At least The Biggest Loser was on last night so I had something entertaining to watch while I folded and folded and hung up (or is it hanged up? I know a person is hanged and not hung (well, okay, so someone could be hung but this is a G rated blog...most of the time)....but I am not sure about laundry) and folded again....and still have more to do today! But, it will be done today...I can see it...the light at the bottom of the laundry basket....it is there, I can feel it!


So, for anyone who thinks they are the only ones buried under laundry....nope! I am right there with you, gasping for breathe and hoping it doesn't suffocate me! That is what the dining room table is for right? Folded clothes? At least my center piece looks cute right?


I can think of at least one other time when all the laundry in my house was done and it was pure bliss! In fact, I wanted to go wash anything as soon as it was dirty because I didn't want to have that ugly pile of clothes staring at me again....so there you go...

Note to Self....

Self, I will keep up with the laundry from now and and will not let this happen again....okay, that may be a stretch so I will at least hope that I can keep this up until our trip in December! How is that for making a lofty goal and then smash it back down to size....I hate being defeated, can you tell?

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

That was the longest post I've ever read. Seriously. :)
Interesting stuff, though...I'm interested to know what my strengths/weaknesses might be...

Heather said...

Okay...MAYBE you are right...I think I will split it into 2 posts....so maybe I was a little wordy and verbose this morning??!!

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!