Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cooking--Dinner in 12 minutes

Tonight I decided to use these bags that I saw on "The Biggest Loser" last season. We bought some on sale at the store and I had yet to use them. Well, my husband had to go out to one of his old farms to help a friend out so it was just me and my son for dinner. I wasn't in the mood to slave over anything so I thought I would give these a try. Seriously, dinner was ready and good in 12 minutes...I can't even get to a drive thru in that amount of time.
Here is what I did....I took these frozen fish fillets...I just bought this at Sam's so I am sure this or something similar are available elsewhere. I put some Old Bay Seasoning (good on any seafood) on it while its still frozen and some Mrs. Dash and a little salt. (I heard once that pepper can burn in the microwave so I always put pepper on after I cook in the microwave.) Then I put it in the steamer bag and put it in the oven on normal strength for 5 minutes.


While the fish was cooking, I found 2 new potatoes and some red bell peppers, I chopped them up quickly and roughly and put the same seasonings on them and put them in the bag. When the fish was done, it looked like this....
So, I put the veggie bag in for 5 more minutes.....then once it was done I threw a can of green beans in a bowl and microwaved it for 2 minutes...

VOILA! A beautiful and yummy dinner!

I just added on a piece of bread and I have to tell you it was good! Way better and healthier than fast food and so easy!!!

The bags even say you can do the same thing to a frozen chicken breast! Wow!

I am telling you, it was good, it looked nice, and it was healthy! You can't beat that with a stick!

No comments:

Beautiful Basics

Life is about a journey, and you are the only one who can make yours... So, embrace life: the good, the bad, and the ugly...it is the only one you've got.

Here's to being Beautiful, inside and out!